Monday, April 14, 2008

con'td....

Apr 4 2007, 07:55 PM

Here I am trying yet another meal plan. This one seems different tho. It takes you thru 7 steps and you deal with these steps one at a time, not try to do everything at once. I have been on too many food plans where you make a drastic change in your eating straight away. You have to go from everything you want to eat, to stingy portions and the expense of the foods you have to eat. Well, I have nothing to lose (except a little weight, if I am very lucky). Maybe it might work. I will try to have a positive attitude. Well, these are the 7 steps. There is a little writing before them:

You will get dramatic results if you follow the plan as it's outlined. The food plan I will show you is designed to change your blood chemistry and improve your neurotransmitter function. Even though it may seem obvious and simple, the foods in this plan actually create profound physical and emotional change. Don't be deceived by the simplicity. This is powerful medicine.



The Seven Steps of Potatoes Not Prozac

Eat breakfast with protein

Journal what you eat and how you feel

Eat three meals a day with protein

Take the recommended vitamins and have a potato before bed

Shift from white foods to brown foods

Reduce or eliminate sugars

Create a new life



I am used to eating breakfast (not very good ones) but today I had peanut butter toast and coffee. I will combine steps 1 and 2 and start to journal. In the past I haven't been a very good journal-er. I start off well enough but after a while I get tired of it. But I do know from my Weight Watcher days that it does help to write the food down.

Apr.4,2007

Breakfast :peanut butter toast
work break.: Zingers (sweet junk food)
lunch: cheese sand and an apple
going home: a 3 musketeers bar when I stopped for gas. After a bite or two it was sicky-sweet but I finished it anyway. Also bought 2 pkg. Twinkies for later
supper: The old man made hamburger steak w/ brown gravy, fried onions and mashed potatoes. I ate the meat with gravy and fried onions but didn't feel like the mashed potatoes
ate one of the Twinkies
Ate 2 ice cream sandwiches
am drinking diet ginger ale now

They are just asking me to make a change for my breakfast. If I wasn't so lazy I would scramble myself some eggs with my toast instead of PB. Well this is my journal for today
Permalink | Comments: 4



moiraine A New Start?

| Category: My Weight Struggles Email this entry | Print this entry Apr 3 2007, 10:33 PM

This morning it struck me that there is one problem of mine that makes my weight so large. Of course I overeat but the foods I depend on and crave are the sweet ones. Especially pastry. Candy, chocolate are ok but I love cake-like sugary things, and cold, smooth things like pudding and ice cream. It was like a light-bulb went off in my brain. If I could only find a way to control my sweet tooth maybe I could lose this excess weight. It's not like I got this fat from eating chips and nuts and other salty, crunchy things, or masses of fried food. I like pizza but I don't crave it. It then occurred to me that maybe it wasn't my will power was at fault here. Maybe my sweet tooth was really an addiction to sugar. I eat something sweet, I am ok for a while, and the craving comes back. Back at the Little Debbies again. All day long. All night. It's impossible to keep away from. I googled "addicted to sugar" and came up with this site:

http://www.radiantrecovery.com/index.html

Long story short there are 7 steps which, if I follow them faithfully, will gradually reduce this craving for sugar so I can stand a better chance of losing some of this weight. The first step is, to eat breakfast every day, but with an emphasis on protein. The second step is to keep a food diary. And so on until step seven when it tells you to "live your life". It's not like there is anything earth-shattering here. It's the way the programme is set out. Each step is simple, and you can take your own time and move forward at your own pace. I forget what step it is, but one of them tells you to eat a potato, cooked any way, before going to bed. I think I will give this a shot. There are no expensive foods to buy, unless you want to order shake mix powder to make it more convenient. She also sells books but this information is free. They have boards but I see no reason to join them. As it is I haven't even visited DF's boards in ages (I feel so guilty!). There are recipes and tips from different ones but I hate to cook, guess I will work the food out somehow.

I have nothing in the world to lose by at least trying to do this. I have tried everything else that has come down the pike. I am willing to eat a potato at night if that's what it takes
Permalink | Comments: 4



moiraine A Belly-buster (huge Trigger)

| Category: My Weight Struggles Email this entry | Print this entry Jan 23 2007, 04:05 PM

I don't feel very empowered today. It is my day off, and I've done nothing much. I know about a week ago I was talking about a "no sugar" plan from that "Sugar Shock" book. I've done nothing about it at all. I was supposed to buy some food to get going. Didn't go. I feel like I am on the sidelines observing my big fat body, wondering when the penny will drop and I will do something about it in a serious way. We all know, as we gain weight, how it starts attaching itself to us. It goes on the belly, on our thighs so they rub together, on our backs and on our boobs (not the guys!) Well a couple of days ago I passed another milestone, if you could call it that. Again I'm standing on the sidelines, watching my fat belly fall lower. It actually hangs now at the tops of my legs. Why am I observing this, as if it wasn't happening? Didn't I learn when I watched Jackie the 627lb. woman that bellies are really gross and get in the way and show how much control I have lost over my weight? I just don't understand. This weight started with a 5lb. gain that I didn't take care of, and over the years it gradually sneaked on lb. by lb. I kept getting larger and larger sizes. Why didn't I do something about it then. I've been to all the weight loss groups, tried various food plans, seen various professionals. I've even tried hypnosis. I'm looking for a new gimmick that will last long enough for me to get this weight off. The insurance turned me down for my lap-band surgery but maybe they did me a favour that I didn't see at the time. Some of these operations give more problems then they solve. Well it helped me to write this out, even if just a little
Permalink | Comments: 4



moiraine Baby Step (trigger)

No comments: