Monday, April 14, 2008

sara's letter and reply

sounds like a good start. when you come again, we'll reinforce what you're already doing.

Linda Waldroup wrote:

Dear Sara,
So far it's been a week and I have a good report! I was 283 when I started and now I am under 280 (279) and even if all that is is water weight I havn't been under 280 since last summer! Whatever you did to my head is working and I hope I can keep it going (and it doesn't peter out like everything I've ever done in my life). I remember I always have a choice and my choice so far has been the healthier foods and my portions are small. I still have problems that I have to fight with at night because even tho my taste in food has changed you said you couldn't do anything about how much I ate at night, even tho it would be the right foods. So I still have to work at that but I try hard to stick to fruit and things to drink. I drink a lot of V8 juice. At night I eat what Gene cooks but I take a small portion and fill up with a piece of fruit or whatnot.

I think you should take in ppl my size and do to them what you did to me. You would make a tremendous amount of money getting the business away from the stomach surgery ppl. I am just hoping I can keep going down and maybe this will the summer that I will feel comfortable in the heat. Every year for the past 20 years I have started a diet in the springtime (well not in the past few years) to look good in shorts and it never came true. Do I dare hope that even if I lose weight that I will keep the weight loss and get past June and keep losing, Usually even if I am on a diet by June somehow it all goes out the window and the weight gradually comes back. Even my 60lbs loss 5 years ago was all back on me by that Christmas.

So I am calling this an experiment to see if it still carries on after June (if I can get this far.) When I see something questionable to eat I just tell myself "I have a choice" and my stomach remains quiet and the desire to eat that food fades away in the background. The sweet thing is gone and that is very hard to believe.Needless to say, my mood is very good now and I hope this carries on too. Bet this is the most positive message you ever got from me..........Linda

No comments: